The island of Roatan officially opened its air and sea routes for international travelers on August 17th 2020. A month later Tranquilseas resort opened its gates and the Sunken Fish restaurant got lively with customers again.
We have placed all necessary measures to ensure your safety making it the right place for your vacation.
What do you need to know about your journey to Roatan?
Every traveler regardless of age or country of origin is required to show a negative result of a PCR or RAPID test – with minimum specificity of 85%, sensitivity of 98%, not older than 72 hours from the sample being taken.
The test result will be required by the airlines on your check-in and also by the immigration officers upon your arrival in Honduras.
Another requirement for travelers to Honduras is to complete a Pre-check form. This form can be submitted from 48 hours before your arrival and you can find it here. The form is available in Spanish and English. If you need help filling the form please don’t hesitate to contact us. You can also check step-by-step guidelines available here.
You will receive an email with a pdf of the completed Pre-check form. It’s necessary to print this document and carry it with you on your travels. We recommend printing two copies.
Short checklist for traveler
For your journey you will need:
- Passport (with expiry date no less than 6 months).
- Negative PCR or RAPID test result.
- Pre-check form.
- Travelers from South America also need to show a proof of yellow fever vaccination.
- Don’t forget good health travel insurance.
If you are not traveling to Honduras directly, don’t forget to check the entry or transit requirements of all countries you are traveling through.
Information for travelers from the United Kingdom and South Africa
Non-resident Honduran citizens and tourists coming from the United Kingdom or South Africa or having visited or transited through those areas in the last 21 days are restricted from entering Honduras via any means.
Honduran citizens and foreigner residents in Honduras coming from the United Kingdom or South Africa or having visited or transited through those areas in the last two weeks must quarantine for 14 days upon entry to Honduras.
These restrictions are temporary and we recommend checking their current application with official government sources.
COVID restrictions on the island
All hotels and restaurants on the island must follow strict guidelines for safekeeping of their guests.
Please follow the below guidelines and recommendations to ensure your own safety:
- Wear a mask in public inside areas and whenever you can’t keep a safe social distance.
- It’s mandatory to wear a mask in stores, supermarkets, banks, hospitals, airport and other inside public areas.
- Keep social distancing of 6 feet unless it’s your family.
- Wash and disinfect your hands often.
- Allow the guards and shop assistants to measure your temperature whenever required.
- Immediately report any COVID-19 symptoms to the staff.
Please keep in mind that all restrictions are subject of change and can be adjusted anytime. We recommend frequently checking the website of ministry of foreign affairs, Honduran embassy, airlines and health departments.